Online banking fraud
The increase in the use of the Internet for our day to day efforts has been parallel to the increase of fraud over the Internet. Who have not received an email of any African country that asks you to give the bank account to make a transfer by a million-dollar inheritance, or our 'own' Bank that asks us to confirm information that in theory we have provided herself, as access to banking online?
We have examples of the banking sector because it is where they have the focus most of ciber scammers 48% of Spanish users has experienced online fraud attempts.
What are we doing wrong?
Most users have habits which, although not we realize, compromise the security of our data.
- 81% we are confident in the safety of the Bank to avoid scams. And the Bank can implement measures, but ultimately the responsibility, and the problem is ours.
- 57% think that we can protect ourselves. We don't have in mind that we are facing, in many cases, true specialists of the ciber scam.
- 36% do not take safety measures when we use public Wi-Fi. We often not considered that this may pose a problem, and it is where we are most exposed.
- 33% pay little attention to the security of the sites where you enter the data. Routine use, the rush, the "by once nothing happens"...
- 30% financial data stored on an Internet device. Who has not saved passwords of most often used in the mobile? In addition, Google makes it so easy...
- 20% we do not protect the passwords that we use. Passwords are easily accessible and easy to make an ideal target.
What are the consequences?
Although sometimes this exposure has no serious consequences, often it is a problem and real headaches for those affected.
For example, 33% of people not recovered the money lost in a scam online. And lost an average of €218 for every fraud, indicating that scammers are not limited to accounts with cash, them is worth either.
Tips to avoid online scams
Nonetheless, there are a few tips you can keep in mind to avoid falling into these scams:
- Do not do banking with free Wi-Fi
- Not access our bank from an email.
- Do not store our bank details on the mobile.
- Only buy from stores with safety seal.
- Always downloaded official apps.
- Have always updated antivirus.
We hope to help you avoid scares in the future!